Re: RARA-AVIS: Simenon's "Red Lights"

From: E.Borgers ( wbac12034@tiscali.be)
Date: 27 Sep 2004

I do not think Chandler comes even close to Simenon when speaking about the number of films made based on their novels.

Do not forget the multitude of novels produced by Simenon: 80 Maigrets, 120 non-Maigrets with higher literary intentions (lot of these belonging to noir). Films derived from his corpus until now are approx 65 to 70. Problem is that very few are of real quality. On top there are certainly at least 100 films made for TV and for TV series, wherein some very good Maigret adaptations.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384