RARA-AVIS: Re: Talking about a new series

From: Dave Zeltserman ( davezelt@comcast.net)
Date: 24 Sep 2004

Overall I liked the show, but the first few epiosodes were definitely the highlights, and after that the show petered out somewhat. The evil- saloon keeper becomes less evil, the noirish aspects dilute somewhat, and the show loses quite a bit once Bill Hickock meets his end (not giving anything away there - since that part of it is historically based). The actress who plays Calamity Jane is absolutely terrific.

My favorite HBO show, The Wire, has just started a new season.

Dave Z. btw. My first published book FAST LANE is now out from Point Blank Press, and I was told the other day by Poisoned Pen bookstore that they're making FAST LANE their hardboiled collector's club selection. I'm not sure yet if that's going to be for October or later.