RARA-AVIS: Some Great News to Share!

From: jimdohertyjr ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Sep 2004

I've just been informed that my novel-in-progress, AN OBSCURE GRAVE, has been nominated by the British Crime Writers Association for their Debut Dagger Award.

It just happened that today was the birthday of my wife, Katy, which made it became a double celebration.

A some of you may recall, my dad passed away some two months ago, and my too-sweet-for-this-world mother-in-law, an avid and loyal mystery reader, passed away a few years ago. They were both very supportive of both my law enforcement vocation and my writing avocation and the only fly in today's ointment is that they're not around to join in the celebration. On the other hand, I suspect maybe they were pulling strings upstairs to get me short-listed, and it's great to have two such terrific people looking out for you.

Thanks to you Rare Birds who helped me with my Debut Dagger submission. And particular thanks to someone from the northernmost regions of Britain whose initials are "AG." Your encouragement was most welcome at a time when it was sorely needed.

The awards presentation is sometime in November which gives me two months to be sitting on pins and needles.

JIM DOHERTY

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM