RARA-AVIS: Hard Case Crime launch

From: hardcasecrime ( editor@hardcasecrime.com)
Date: 08 Sep 2004

Jason Starr wrote:

> I think we're just about at the
> official launch date of the new
> Hard Case Crime imprint. I, for
> one, am very excited about
> seeing new, pulp style books
> back on the sheleves. I've read
> a few of the ARCs and Mr. Ardai
> has chosen some outstanding
> titles for the list. I hope
> this is a big success and that
> the list grows and grows...

Thanks, Jason! Yes, yesterday was our official launch date, though I saw the books on the shelves at Barnes & Noble stores in New York and Boston just before the holiday weekend. (You can only imagine how exciting it was to see the books on the shelves after three years of working on the project.)

In addition to showing up in bookstores, the books can now be ordered through our Web site, www.HardCaseCrime.com. The site also now contains cover art and sample chapters for all of our first 10 titles, so if you haven't checked it out recently, you might enjoy paying a fresh visit.

And I'm pleased to report that people are taking notice -- our first title, Lawrence Block's GRIFTER'S GAME, just got written up (briefly) in the new issue of U.S. News & World Report, and we've been told that USA Today will be running a mention of some sort in tomorrow's issue.

Hope you all like the books when you get them...

Best, Charles