Re: RARA-AVIS: Convention Hotel (was Canada)

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Sep 2004

Kent,

Re your comment below:

> Those $225 a night hotel rooms certainly scared me
> off and my one
> experience at Bouchercon in St. Paul in 1996
> convinced me that you
> have to stay in the convention hotel.

I've been to many Bouchercons, and I've only stayed at the convention hotel once. You can usually find a much cheaper place to stay that's near enough to the
'Con venue that you're not missing that much.

If Toronto's out of the question, that's that, but don't get scared off from future Bouchercons by an erroneous belief that you can only get the full value of the 'Con experience if you stay at the 'Con hotel.

JIM DOHERTY