From: James Reasoner (
Date: 02 Sep 2004

> Pronzini's GUN IN CHEEK mentions two collaborations: THE VICE-CZAR MURDERS
> (1941) by "Franklin Charles" and NO WINGS ON A COP (1950) under Adams's
> name. Were you thinking it was one of these, or did he do others no
> mentioned by Pronzini? Why did Bellem do these, I wonder? The money, I
> guess.

I think it was Steve Mertz who told me that Bellem also had a hand in CONTRABAND and SHADY LADY, the Adams novel that was published as half of an Ace Double. Bill Crider, do you remember hearing this, too?

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!