RARA-AVIS: Hockey in Mysteries

From: jim ( jim@feltoncpa.org)
Date: 30 Aug 2004

Thanks for the many responses to my request. Some of the titles I already had -- but not all by any means. Allow me a few comments on some of the titles.

The Emma Lathen book is MURDER WITHOUT ICING. It was published in 1972 and I think the days of the NY Americans (ex-Hamilton Tigers)influenced some circumstances in the novel. As a mystery it is pretty tame but it might fall into the "prediction of the future" category as many story details would come true in later years.

Emma Lathen also wrote GOING FOR THE GOLD set during the 1980 Winter Olympics which is concerned with skiing, but like Meredith Phillips' DEATH SPIRAL about Olympic skating may mention ice hockey.

The 1995 TV movie about Ted Lindsay's efforts to form a players union was NET WORTH based on the 1992 book by David Cruise and Alison Griffiths. I wish I had read the book before either of the times I spoke with Ted Lindsay in 1993 and 1994. I think it was from the movie (if not the book) where I got the bit about adding seats to an arena.

Please let me know of addition titles as you encounter them.

Jim Felton jim@feltoncpa.org

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM