Re: RARA-AVIS: Suggestions? (Simenon)

From: E.Borgers ( wbac12034@tiscali.be)
Date: 26 Aug 2004

Duane,

At least THE STAIN ON THE SNOW was the title of some UK versions ( first publication in English in 1950, I think) It could also (maybe) have been be titled THE SNOW WAS BLACK, which is the title of the French film (1954) made from that book. The original title of the book (and film) in French is: "La neige 鴡it sale" (1948).

Maybe consulting a well organized library catalog online could help you to check for USA editions?

Hope the above helps.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384