Re: RARA-AVIS: Clarification

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 23 Aug 2004

The only romance reader I know is my 83-year-old first father-in-law, so I'm no expert there, except I've now got him hooked on autobiographical and fictional accounts of World War II in Eastern Europe.
    I never read thrillers, blockbuster or otherwise, unless accidentally, mostly because I find them silly. I like my fiction realistic,* which I suppose is why I tend to prefer hardboiled stuff, Pelecanos rather than Clancy, say.

Joy

*I'm now struggling with a protagonist standing on a certain street and feeling a breeze from the river, which I think is 15 blocks away. I will have to consult a map before I continue.

Tim Wohlforth noted: