Re: RARA-AVIS: Purple Noon

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 22 Aug 2004

I think the recent Talented Mr. Ripley borrowed imagery from this film. It's interesting to note that Purple Noon was shot not long after (it was released in 1960) the book was written, so it really captures the time period. I liked Talented Mr. Ripley in that I thought the time period was well-researched, even down to the choice of music such as "Tu Vuo' Fa L'Americano," which is from a 1960 Sophia Loren movie.

Jeff

> I accidentally* saw this movie via Netflix last night. I'd been meaning to
> read some Highsmith since her books were discussed here last year, and
this
> certainly was interesting. The bright lighting and scenic tours around
Italy