Re: RARA-AVIS: Out of the Past/Build My Gallows High

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 22 Aug 2004

> The phrase "build my gallows high" is near the end of the book, on page
147
> of the Prion edition. Red is speaking with Ann, and says "The one I'm
> blaming helped build my gallows high".
>
> Great phrase, and I like the ending in the book even better than the one
in
> the movie.

I ordered it as soon as it was released, via Netflix. I watched it again
(had seen it on TCM years ago) and was again impressed with how good it was. Makes me want to order Mitchum in "Farewell, My Lovely" again. If he'd played Marlowe twenty years earlier, he'd have been *perfect.*

All the Best-

Brian Thornton - Also Going To Bouchercon In Toronto 2004. See You All There!

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM