RARA-AVIS: Out of the Past/Build My Gallows High

From: Paul Farrell ( pm_farrell@hotmail.com)
Date: 21 Aug 2004

Regarding Geoffrey Homes' "Build My Gallows High", Miker wrote:
>If I recall correctly, the title of the
>book never appears in the novel text, but he did
>manage to work it into the screen text.

The phrase "build my gallows high" is near the end of the book, on page 147 of the Prion edition. Red is speaking with Ann, and says "The one I'm blaming helped build my gallows high".

Great phrase, and I like the ending in the book even better than the one in the movie.

_________________________________________________________________ There's never been a better time to get Xtra JetStream @ http://xtra.co.nz/jetstream