RARA-AVIS: Out of the Past

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Aug 2004

This finally came out on DVD and I watched it last weekend. Superb movie. Noir without the sometimes overworked camera angles and dark and gloom. I noticed that Household (right?) wrote the screenplay as well as the book it was adapted from, BUILD MY GALLOWS HIGH. If I recall correctly, the title of the book never appears in the novel text, but he did manage to work it into the screen text.

Congratulations on the new location for rara-avis, Bill. I'm gearing up for Hammett month in September. I just finished THE GLASS KEY and if I can get through THE THIN MAN, I'll have all of Hammett's novels under my belt.

miker

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM