RARA-AVIS: HALO IN BRASS (spoiler)

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Aug 2004

Kevin Burton Smith wrote:
  But damn, at this point, I can't even quite recall what the solution was based on, and I may even not be remembering it clearly. What was it?

************* Pine tosses a lighter to a guy and it lands in his lap and the guy spreads his legs. Pine knew right then the guy was actually a woman, because women wear dresses and automatically spread their legs to catch something in their lap, whereas men move their legs together. Evans borrowed it, with credit given, from Mark Twain.

miker