Re: RARA-AVIS: Weekend Finds

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 13 Aug 2004

On 13 August 2004, Jeff Vorzimmer wrote:

: It's enough to turn me off anything hardboiled and French (and I still
: have Vertigo).

We were talking about Jean-Patrick Manchette a few weeks ago, and before you give up on the nation entirely, check out one of the City Lights translations of him. I have THREE TO KILL on order right now and the only thing that'll stop me from reading it as soon as it comes in are the copies of Starr's TWISTED CITY and Reasoner's TEXAS WIND that are already on my shelf staring at me.

Bill