RARA-AVIS: McGivern

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Aug 2004

Doug Bassett wrote:

McGivern's somewhat forgotten nowadays, but he wrote very tough books about cops and crime and the sometimes shaky dividing line between the two.

*********** I thought THE BIG HEAT was good. Very intense, with a Mike Hammer mad dog edge to it. A classic.

Came home from vacation to find the Out of the Past DVD in the mail from Netflix. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. I've read the book it's based on, BUILD MY GALLOWS HIGH, or something like that. I looked for it on DVD about a year ago but no luck, but looked again after someone here mentioned it was out on DVD.

miker