Re: RARA-AVIS: Joe Gore's HAMMETT

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 11 Aug 2004

On 11 August 2004, Ed Lynskey wrote:

: I recently finished reading Joe Gore's bio/novel, HAMMETT.
: Enjoyed it immensely.

That was the first Gores book I read, and I've always liked it. It was made into a movie in 1982, directed by Wim Wenders and produced by Francis Ford Coppola, with Frederic Forrest as Hammett. I saw it soon after it came out, and loved it. Very atmospheric. I don't know what I'll think of it when I see it again, if I get the chance, but I hope it really is good and it's not just my memory.

Bill