RE: RARA-AVIS: Halo In Brass by Howard Browne: Robison

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 03 Aug 2004

Todd wrote:

'Howard Browne was "John Evans," if nothing nor no one else has reminded you...Browne comes up here from time to time...from ghosting a Spillane story when HB was editor of FANTASTIC to writing a story a ROCKFORD FILES was based on...'

That would be Thin Air, put out under the Howard Browne name. It was also used in Simon & Simon and, I think, another show. However, Browne never got any extra money from it, having sold it outright to the studio.

". . . and I keep meaning to find his book-length memoir..."

It's not a full book, but the first forty pages or so of the Dennis McMillan anthology Incredible Ink. Well worth reading, though, as are Browne's stories.

Mark