Re: RARA-AVIS: Halo In Brass (possible Spoilers)

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Aug 2004

--- Michael Robison < miker_zspider@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Finished this one a couple days ago. It's my first
> book by Evans. It's about a private detective based
> in Chicago searching for a missing girl from Kansas.

Is this the one which uses lesbianism as a plot point? If so, I remember liking it, but thinking that it was one of those relatively rare books who's impact has been lost as time has marched forward. It must've been a killer ending when it first came out, though.

I also like HALO FOR SATAN, which involves a search for a manuscript said to be written by Jesus Himself. I haven't been able to track down the others by Evans.

Currently reading: just finished CUTTER AND BONE, by Newton Thornburg, which I liked less than I thought I would, and now rereading THE WRONG CASE by Crumley, one of my favorite authors in the genre.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com