RARA-AVIS: Ross Thomas etc

From: John Williams ( johnwilliams@ntlworld.com)
Date: 02 Aug 2004

At the Harrogate Crime Fest the other week - which by the way is shaping up as a very nice annual UK event - I heard some great stories about Ross Thomas' one and only publicity trip to the UK back in the late 70s. Suffice to say there was no way any publisher was going to invite him back after that one. I had no idea Thomas was as wild as his books.

Anyway that inspired me to do a little Thomas related googling and I stumpled upon this remarkable piece of prison memoir (not by Thomas) which I suspect some list members might enjoy. Here's the link - http://stickgrappler.tripod.com/street/smokecamel.html - the first section in particular is about as hardboiled as it comes. Anyone know anything about the author?

John