Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent reads: Starr, Child, Slaughter

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 21 Jul 2004

"Is Bruen's style the same in all his books? He's unique. He even does something new with showing lists. And I've never seen a book with so many epigrams, or any book with epigrams from George Pelecanos and Dolly Parton."

The style is pretty much the same since White Arrest, at least for the books featuring Brant or Jack Taylor (although the latter are in first person. I haven't read London Boulevard, so I don't know if that's similar.

As I wrote a little ago, I was a little bit disappointed with Blitz. I'm not saying I didn't still enjoy it. I'm just saying the others are even better.

I kinda agree about the price per word, but I figure it's still much better than paying for padding, as is too often the case these days. And by starting now, you can pick up the entire White Trilogy in one volume, whereas I paid for each of the three individually.

Mark