RE: RARA-AVIS: Mostly noir on TCM

From: Andrew Albert J. Ty ( andrewty@i-manila.com.ph)
Date: 18 Jul 2004

If we're talking neo-noir, shouldn't we date it a little earlier? From the 70s, we have Chinatown, for example, and that Marlowe film that Altman directed. Anything from the 60s?

Andrew

-----Original Message----- From: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca [mailto: owner-rara-avis@icomm.ca]On Behalf Of Mark Sullivan Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 2:09 AM To: rara-avis@icomm.ca Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Mostly noir on TCM

While I think there's a lot of substance underneath the style of Pulp Fiction (less so in many of his others, not that I don't still really enjoy them), I agree with your periodization of neo-noir. However, how about some titles? This isn't so I can argue with your conclusions, but to see if there are any I haven't seen and should.

Mark

---