Re: RARA-AVIS: Jim Thompson, Himes McIlvanney

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 17 Jul 2004

On 17 July 2004, Mark Sullivan wrote:

: Can anyone tell me if any of these are any good: Kill-Off, Rip-Off,
: Golden Gizmo and the autobiographical Bad Boy (although isn't he
: supposed to have take great liberties with facts here?).

They're all good. I remember liking BAD BOY (and ROUGHNECK, also autobiographical) quite a bit. I think he was taking bennies and working as a bellhop in oil boom Texas when he was 14 or 15, and man, did he have a time.

Bill