RARA-AVIS: Noir movies released on DVD last week

From: Paul Farrell ( pm_farrell@hotmail.com)
Date: 11 Jul 2004

There was a bunch of noir movies released on DVD in the USA last week, many of them adapted from some noir and hardboiled novels.

There's a box set containing Gun Crazy, The Asphalt Jungle, The Set-Up, Out of the Past, and my favourite Chandler adaptation, Murder My Sweet. Also, there were separate DVDs released for Criss Cross, The Big Clock, This Gun for Hire and Black Angel.

I'm in New Zealand, where we get Australian region 4 DVDs, and none of these films have been released here. Have any American list-members picked up these DVDs? I'd be interested to hear what people think of them.

_________________________________________________________________ There's never been a better time to get Xtra JetStream @ http://xtra.co.nz/jetstream