Re: RARA-AVIS: Boston Teran's third

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 08 Jul 2004

In a message dated 7/7/04 3:41:47 AM, miker_zspider@yahoo.com writes:

<< Have you read the Boston Teran yet? I liked GOD IS A BULLET. I heard his second novel didn't come up to par with it, but I haven't read it. >>

what do you LIKE about this book? I picked it up when everybody was talking about it, it finally made its way to the top of my TBR. by page 26 I was so disenchanted with the man's self-conscious prose style I started skimming. I'm around page 50 something and think I'll put it down for good. it's not in the least bit involving, just seems to be a wallow in ugliness. if it doesn't get any better when I try it again tonight, I'm done with the guy.

John Lau