(no subject)

From: T. Kent Morgan ( tkmorgan@shaw.ca)
Date: 29 Jun 2004

Jim Doherty wrote:

>For what are probably obvious reasons, I was not among
>those who jumped for joy when Bosh retired from police
>work and became a PI, and I kind of hope he gets back
>on the Job.

Don't shoot me down for not citing my source, but I read somewhere in the past week that Connelly plans to have Bosch return to the LA police force in a future book. Apparently the current (real) LA police chief has or is trying to institute a policy that will allow retired police officers to return to duty within three years of their retirement. That's what Connelly plans to use to get Bosch back on the job.

Put me in the camp that rates Connelly as well as Ian Rankin at the top of the list of crime writers writing police procedural series.

Kent Morgan