Re: RARA-AVIS: Themes of the Months

From: Kerry J. Schooley ( gsp.schoo@murderoutthere.com)
Date: 16 Jun 2004

At 01:04 PM 16/06/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>I'd like to suggest a couple of future themes:
>
>Autralian hb/noir
>Canadian hb/noir

I'm going to take this suggestion as an opportunity to blow my own bugle. Greg Ward just won the Crime Writers of Canada Arthur Ellis short-fiction award for his story "Dead Wood," published in Hard Boiled Love which Peter Sellers and I edited for Toronto's Insomniac Press. Vern Smith's "The Gimmick," again from HBL, was also on the short list of nominees.

Rara Avians may find the series, consisting of ICED, Hard Boiled Love and the upcoming Revenge, a good place to source classic and contemporary Canuck Noir, if I'm allowed to say so myself. There's even one of Kevin Smith's little Montreal gritties in the mix, happy to say.

Best Kerry

------------------------------------------------------ Literary events Calendar (South Ont.) http://www.lit-electric.com The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com