RARA-AVIS: Recent reading

From: Tapani Bagge ( tapani.bagge@aina.fi)
Date: 16 Jun 2004

Recently, I've read three good books:

Death By Hollywood by Stephen Bochco, 2003 The Switch by Elmore Leonard, 1978 Wild Town by Jim Thompson, 1957

Leonard was the best of this lot, Thompson absolutely the weirdest. But I enjoyed them all.

Next, I'm waiting to get to start a brand new Finnish hard-boiled crime novel, Todenn䫶isin syin ("Probable cause") by Jarkko Sipil䬠a friend of mine. This is his sixth book, and the fourth in his series of police procedurals. Sipil䠩s crime reporter at a tv channel and surely knows what he's writing about.

Tapani Bagge