RARA-AVIS: non-fiction by crime novelists?

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 15 Jun 2004

When I asked whether he had read Joe Gores's non-fiction book on marine salvage (which I haven't read either), Bill replied:

"Well, no. You got me there. I didn't even know about that. . . . I do have Donald Hamilton's book on hunting, however."

That made me wonder about nonfiction book by hardboiled/noir novelists. Have there been many (other than memoirs/autobiograpies)?

The two above. Lawrence Block assisted on the book Swiss Shooting Talers and Medals (did I copy that wrong? is it tales?). I seem to remember John D MacDonald having written at least one non-fiction book. About Vegas, maybe? There must be others.

Mark