RE: RARA-AVIS: Joe Gores

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 14 Jun 2004

I'm surprised how many here have only recently come to Gores's fiction, but I was lucky enough to be addicted early on to ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS: anthologies, and so came across the brutal incidents, humanely but unsentimentally chronicled in the likes of "Goodbye, Pops," "Watch for It," and the story about witnessing an execution, decades ago. Though for some reason I keep picking up his novels at odd and inconvenient times, grow absorbed then get distracted by one or another task and set them down unfinished (including COME MORNING and 32 CADILLACS). Shall have to remedy that soonish.

TM