RARA-AVIS: Every Dead Thing

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Jun 2004

JIM DOHERTY wrote:
  Still, Connolly writes well and one thing I've got to give him full credit for, since he's Irish, is that he writes convincingly American.

********** I liked it, even though I agree with your comment that the book is disjointed. I note you didn't make the oft-stated complaint about the supernatural element. That didn't bother me either. Sort of a James Lee Burke-ish plot isn't it? Been a while since I've read it but if I recall correctly, the protagonist's wife has been murdered and a chunk of the action takes place in Cajun country. Dark and moody, too.

Like Michael Connelly, I've slipped behind a book or two and look forward to catching up on both of them.

miker