Re: RARA-AVIS: James Sallis

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 07 Jun 2004

Etienne wrote;

"On top of everything Sallis put here and there clues or fuzzed facts that could be (IMHO) decoded as a postmodern spiel about narrator, writer and fiction.
"I definitely think that the series should be read in order."

Given the jumbled personal chronology in the series, it seems strange to talk about order, but I absolutely agree that there is a lot to be gained in reading them in order. Many references are made to things that happened in earlier volumes. Even so, I am sure I missed a whole lot along the way, stretching the reading of the series out over a decade or more. That's why I intend to go back and read them again, now that I am familiar with the overall arc -- or am I (that postmodern stuff)?

Mark