RARA-AVIS: James Sallis

From: Marianne Macdonald ( marianne.macdonald@lineone.net)
Date: 07 Jun 2004

I noticed a copy of BLUEBOTTLE in the local library on Saturday, took it out, started it, said "Wow!" and realized I've never actually read anything of his before. A bit backward, me.

Can somebody answer two quick questions? More seriously, when is BLUEBOTTLE set? I haven't been in Louisiana myself since the 60s, so it's hard for me to judge, but it doesn't seem contemporary. I'm sure you all know this, but it's niggling me.

Less seriously....what's a "po-boy" sandwich? Agh!

Marianne Macdonald