Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Hard-Boiled Gazetteer to Southern California

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 02 Jun 2004

Michael asked:

"Is any of these series (or not-quite-series <g>) set in the mid-60s?"

Jim would know far better than I, but I think there are some Wambaugh books set then. And at least the prelude to one of Ellroy's Lloyd Hopkins books is set in the Watts riots. I forget, does White Jazz, the last of his LA Quartet reach into the '60s? How about Clandestine? Of course, his new series does.

Mark