Re: RARA-AVIS: Monster

From: David Moran ( davidm@shakespeare-nyc.com)
Date: 27 May 2004

I read it once, since it used to be such a hot seller here, to see what the hoopla was about. Like most inner-city crime books that become popular, I found it rather poorly written, even from the standpoint of a literary amateur (cf. Jack Black's "You Can't Win"), and annoyingly obsessed with justifying a violent and fairly useless life.

David Moran