Re: RARA-AVIS: Chandler's "Noir Feel" for LA (was Denise Hamilton)

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 17 May 2004

Brian wrote:

"We have discussed Cormac MacCarthy's "Blood Meridian" in this context on this list before. Have you read it? Frontier noir, for my money."

I haven't read it. I really should since many people, especially you and miker, have recommended it so highly. But I never remember it when I'm in a bookstore. There, I just put it on my list so I will remember it. Maybe I'll pick it up along with the new, expanded version of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly that comes out on DVD this week (it was great when I saw it at AFI a couple months ago).

Mark