RARA-AVIS: Stir of Echoes

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 May 2004

Ever since reading Richard Matheson's I AM LEGEND, I have seen his name popping up. I mentioned the Twilight Zone episodes. A couple nights ago I noticed in the beginning credits that a movie called A Stir of Echoes that my daughter got from Netfix was based on a Matheson book.

There was a moment of "cuteness" in the movie where the babysitter shows up at the front door with an old paperback clutched to her chest. I strained to see what it was. It seemed obvious that the director was going out of his way to display it. Later the babysitter is sitting on the couch reading the book and the camera zooms in to the title, THE SHRINKING MAN, a Matheson novel. Cute.

I am no great judge of movies, but I liked Stir of Echoes.

miker