Re: RARA-AVIS: Chandler's "Noir Feel" for LA (was Denise Hamilton)

From: Jim Beaver ( jumblejim@prodigy.net)
Date: 14 May 2004

Jim,

Thanks for straightening this out. When I read this sentence: "'noir' means a dark, sinister atmosphere," I guess I forgot about the "implicit" part. It just seemed like a much less complex definition than I remembered you describing in many other posts. That's why I asked, to see if, subsequent to all those other posts on the subject, you had whittled down the definition of noir even further. Thanks for clearing up what you meant
(and the meaning of "implicit" as well!)

Implicitly yours,

Jim Beaver