RARA-AVIS: Chandler love letters to be auctioned

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 11 May 2004

This was mentioned on the fictionmags mailing list:

   http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/books/news/story.jsp?story=519659

Eight letters Raymond Chandler (then 69) sent to Sara Perceval (20) after they met in London are going up for sale later this year. The article has a few quotes from both Chandler's letters, Perceval's, and from Perceval now. She says, "He was an absolute darling. He used to send me red roses and all sorts of beautiful things and when ever he was away in California he'd write beautiful letters and ring me up."

Bill