RARA-AVIS: UNDERWORLDS, noirish CF magazine, relaunch announced.

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 11 May 2004

http://www.wildsidepress.com/newsletter.html

It seems that the burgeoning Wildside Press is hoping to make a go of a noirish CF magazine, the relaunched Underworlds, "the unique magazine of noir-influenced suspense, crime, and supernatural fiction, is heading into new directions and offers readers the best in contemporary noir fiction and poetry -- literature that examine the darkness of the human heart and mind, combining the classic noir sensibilities of treachery and deceit, evil and grim beauty with stories of the psychological, the supernatural, and the unclassifiable." With the Sherlockian/cozy THE STRAND ticking along and edgy CRIMEWAVE apparently still a going concern (and the old stalwarts still appearing nearly monthly for now), we're due for another noirish magazine, I'd say. Meant to be a quarterly.