Re: RARA-AVIS: Ken Bruen

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 09 May 2004

Jim wrote:

"John Creasey lived, for a time, in Arizona, and he wrote westerns. It didn't make him an American.

"And no one with a name like "Sullivan" should object to my differentiating the Irish from the British."

Next you're going to tell me I'm Catholic. I was born in the US and have lived here ever since. Seems to me that makes me an American by your above logic (with which I agree).

But for the record, I wasn't really objecting to your clarification, but saying it was an understandable mistake to assume Bruen wrote "British" noir before his Jack Taylor series.

Mark