Re: RARA-AVIS: Canadian true crime pulps

From: Jesse Willis ( jessewillis@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 May 2004

I've got a copy of "True Crime, True North" myself and have been reading through it for about a month now. Mostly it talks about the constraints and stereotypes the stories had rather than the stories themselves. And despite the lurid covers throughout the book it has very schollarly text. I've been selling them on eBay as its only available in Canada - surprisingly I've sold two to Australia and two to the UK!

Jesse

P.S. when I found out the book was going to be published I asked for some promotional materials a couple of months in advance and the publishers sent me something called a "BLAD". Apparently "BLAD" is an acronym standing for "Book Layout And Design". You learn something new everyday.

===== SFFAudio: http://www.sffaudio.com Table Treasures & Gifts: http://stores.ebay.com/id=4920689