RARA-AVIS: Re: Steve Wynn

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 06 May 2004

Steve Lewis wrote:

>Steve Wynn is a rock musician who is most well-known as as the leader of
>the Dream Syndicate in the 1980s, but who is still active today. From a
>piece on him in today's Wall Street Journal, writer Luke Torn says:
>
>"On each of his past three albums though, Mr. Wynn's songwriting has taken
>a hardboiled turn, influenced by novelists like Jim Thompson, James Ellroy
>and his friend George Pelecanos as much as by like-minded songwriters like
>Tom Waits or Warren Zevon.

Talk about small worlds.

A mini-review of Wynn's latest CD, RIDING SHOTGUN, which collects much of his most recent noir-tinged work, was just posted on my upcoming music review site, which is temporarily located at http://www.kevinburtonsmith.com/ripthisjoint/index.html . A fuller length review will be appearing soon on THRILLING DETECTIVE.

--

Kevin Burton Smith Nothing on? Try The Thrilling Detective Web Site/CrimeSeen TV/Movie Poll http://www.thrillingdetective.com
For fun only. Please, no wagering. -- # Plain ASCII text only, please. Anything else won't show up. # To unsubscribe from the regular list, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to # majordomo@icomm.ca. This will not work for the digest version. # The web pages for the list are at http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/ .