Re: RARA-AVIS: words you now can say on TV, at least on cable

From: Chris Kerstiens ( beyondthec@comcast.net)
Date: 06 May 2004

By someone I think you mean me. I don't have a problem with the accuracy of the words so much as the frequency with which they're used. Distracting almost. I doubt people cursed that much more back then. I know it was a rough time, rough people and all that. However, I'm reminded of a bit I saw this comedian do comparing letters from the Civil War to letters home from today. The joke was that the Civil War letters were full of flowery, descriptive language and the modern letters from say, Iraq, would go something like: "Julie, It is hot as f**k! I wish I was home. I hate this place. It's so f**king hot..."

In any case, either they've toned it down or I'm desensitized - good job HBO! I'm enjoying it very much.