Re: RARA-AVIS: The Knockout Project

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 May 2004

Here is Bellem, in the Dan Turner story Beyond Justice (a recent read):

He met me head on, and we locked horns like a couple of moose. I had a death grip on his coat, and I felt it tearing. And then Bogard brought up his knee and planted it on me in a place I don't like to talk about.

I doubled over, sicker than seven hells. Tony Bogard picked up a bottle from the table in the middle of the room and christened me with it, as though I'd been a ship being launched. I went down and out.

WHEN I woke up, Dave Donaldson was shaking hell out of me, and I had a lump on my stall the size of the Graf Zeppelin. I opened my eyes and staggered to my pins I was woozy.

Best,

MrT