RARA-AVIS: Ripley

From: rachel jones ( rvljones@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Apr 2004

My favorite Highsmith books aren't in the Ripley series. This Sweet Sickness, Edith's Diary, and The Two Faces of January are ones I'd recommend. I didn't buy Matt Damon as Ripley at all, although I'm interested to see what Malkovich does with the character.

I waded through Beautiful Shadow last summer - I need to check the archives of this list to find out what you all thought. I found her life story very grim - which was fitting.

back to lurking, Rachel