Re: RARA-AVIS: ARIZONA KISS and HOWARD STREET

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 20 Apr 2004

miker wrote:

"Was it you, Mark, who said you liked junkie novels? I got Burroughs's JUNKIE a couple weeks ago. I think I might stay on the junkie theme for one more book and read it."

'Twas me. And Junkie started as half of an Ace Double, under the pseudonym William Lee, so he wouldn't embarrass his family. Guess he stopped worrying about it later. Of course, it's hard to hide behind a pseudonym when you shoot your wife in the forehead while playing William Tell, or so the story goes.

Another great heroin book is Alexander Trocchi's Cain's Book. That's Cain as in Abel's brother, not James M.

Mark