RARA-AVIS: alternative southwestern?

From: Don Lee ( donthepoet@hotmail.com)
Date: 20 Apr 2004

I just got a copy of Edward D. Wood Jr.'s DEVIL GIRLS, the story of The Chicks, "a misguided female gang that wreaks havoc in a Texas Gulf town." The cast includes Buck Rhodes, the "ruggedly handsome sheriff and gold ole boy." The whole thing sounds like a parody of a Jim Thompson novel, but I haven't started it yet. A QPB 2-in-1 volume which appears back to back with Wood's DEATH OF A TRANSVESTITE. Has anybody else actually *read* Ed Wood?