RE: RARA-AVIS: Murderous geniuses

From: Kerry J. Schooley ( gsp.schoo@murderoutthere.com)
Date: 12 Apr 2004

At 02:50 PM 11/04/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>What I'm quoting is the Sapir-Whorf theory and its
>extensions (by Barthes) to "discourses". Advertising, for
>example, functions strictly within a discourse.

Yes, your "up-state" label was another excellent example.

> Language is as fragmented as the world itself.

Sure, but it is all we have (if we include music, mathematics, art as language) to do our collective thinking.

>Unity of any sort is an illusion.

Including our agreement on this point.

Best Kerry

------------------------------------------------------ Literary events Calendar (South Ont.) http://www.lit-electric.com The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com