RE: RARA-AVIS: This World Then The Fireworks: Willis

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 07 Apr 2004

For some reason, I'm getting messages five hours after they've been sent, but I'll take this opportunity to agree with both Mark and Luca that the film could've been better...it tends to worsen as it goes along...particularly if it had had the guts to follow the novel more closely. And this despite fine performances from Gershon and Cloris Leachman, along with Zane pretty inspired choices for the roles...but it became too much of a Zane showcase.

On the plus side, if you like the movie, there's a good chance you'll love the book. I read it, as Luca may've, in Ed Gorman's SECOND BLACK LIZARD ANTHOLOGY. TM

-----Original Message----- From: Jesse Willis Speaking of Thompson, I just started watching a movie called "This World Then The Fireworks" apparently its inspired by a Thompson novel but I havent heard that title before. Does anyone know about the movie or the original novel's title?